Recipe: Roasted Seitan and Vegetables with Quinoa. #Vegan
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 1 package seitan, cubed
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower, broken into medium flowerlets
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 lemons
- Cooking spray
- 4 ounces hummus, thinned to a creamy consistency with lemon juice
- 1 cup quinoa, prepared according to package directions
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup tomato, chopped
- Pita Bread
- Preheat oven to 425
- Thin the hummus with lemon juice until it is creamy, but thin enough to pour. Bring the hummus to room temperature (30 seconds in the microwave is one way).
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking oil.
- Combine garam masala, paprika, and salt.
- In a bowl, combine the seitan and vegetables. Squeeze the juice of one lemon on the mixture, then sprinkle the spices on top. Stir to mix evenly.
- Spread in one layer on the cookie sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes, turning once about half way through.
- In two individual serving bowls, scoop ½ cup of quinoa, half of the roasted seitan and vegetables. Drizzle half of the hummus mixture on each.
- Top with chopped onions, cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Serve with pita bread and additional hummus.
Recipe by Coach Debbie Runs at http://coachdebbieruns.com/roasted-seitan-and-vegetables-with-quinoa-vegan-recipe/