Back from IHRSA: The Teaser Post

I arrived home (after my four and a half hour drive) about an hour ago. After greeting my dogs (my husband is at his track team practice–that greeting will be a little later), a bite to eat,  and a bit of a stretch, I’ve begun the process of transferring pictures from my camera and phone to my computer, and I’m getting ready to write about my amazing IHRSA experience. The problem is, I’m a little pooped (did I mention a 4.5 hour drive?), so this post will be just a teaser of some of the things I want to write about my adventure in Las Vegas over the last four days.

For those of you who missed my last post, IHRSA stands for the International Health, Racquet, and Sportsclub Association. It is the trade association representing health and fitness club industry. I promise a full recap of the convention, trade show, vegan food, meet-ups, and more. In the meantime, here is a photographic taste of my week.

Vegan Food

IMG_4392

IMG_4403

IMG_4447

My new buddy Laird Hamilton

IMG_4459

IHRSA

I got to meet fellow FitFluential Ambassador Lindsay of Lindsay’s List!

IMG_4439

IHRSA

This is Josh, the star trainer from the Espinner training video.

Fitness

IHRSA

My one run- on a treadmill.

IHRSA

My huge room had lots of room to lay down my yoga mat (and I actually used it!)

IHRSA

I am in love with Anti Gravity Yoga. It was amazing!

IHRSA

I felt an inch taller after this class!

Vegas

My huge hotel room.

IHRSA

I didn’t spend much time on the strip (except when I was stuck in traffic).

More traffic time.

IHRSA

I did enjoy a drink or two during the week.

Loved this light fixture at the Bar & Bistro

I had a great time in Vegas (even though three nights is a long, long time to be there). I met some great people, went to some really good educational sessions, and ate some great vegan food. Stay tuned for the entire IHRSA 2013 adventure.

How was your week? Any adventures?

photo Signature_zps65e035a8.png

Need a coach to help you reach your running goals?

LogoI am an RRCA certified running coach and I also hold a Level One USATF certification. I have more than 12 years experience coaching runners of all ages and levels. More information...

Comments

• says

I really loved the antigravity yoga! The class was great, a whole 1/2 hour (pretty good for a trade show class). I’m going to have to see if they have anything in my area (which I doubt, we’re always a few years behind the trends).
      Debbie recently posted…Back from IHRSA: The Teaser PostMy Profile

• says

I was really sad that I didn’t get to meet many Fitfluential peeps! I had plans to stop by the meet-up before my company’s dinner, but (and I’ll cover this in one of my posts) time and traffic conspired to keep me away. I did get to meet Lindsay and Dr.Darian Parker (who I know already because he works for my company). It was a great convention though.
      Debbie recently posted…Back from IHRSA: The Teaser PostMy Profile

• says

I wish there was more of the exercise part. In spite of my good intentions (and being at a fitness convention!), I only ran once, did a couple short yoga classes, and that amazing aerial yoga. I managed to be much more consistent with my eating :-)
      Debbie recently posted…Back from IHRSA: The Teaser PostMy Profile

1. says

Wow! This looks so amazing! I’m assuming that it’s open to gym owners and operators and not the general fitness public (i.e., trainers). You’ll have to let me know because this looks like a great deal of fun. And education too, I’m sure.
    Carli recently posted…Real Into Reads No. 9My Profile

• says

It’s really open to anyone, though it is focused on owners/managers. There is still a lot of information for trainers too, and the trade show is for anyone who wants to keep up with what is trending in fitness. They have different tracks, and I believe personal training is one of them. The last session I went to on Thursday was for trainers, Resistance Training for Baby Boomers and Beyond. Plus it was great networking for all levels of fitness professionals.
      Debbie recently posted…Back from IHRSA: The Teaser PostMy Profile

2. says

So. Much. Envy. That looks incredible. The food, for starters. But then I was just desperate to have a go at anti-gravity yoga. And a room filled with workout equipment. Wow. I love being surrounded by healthy, active people. The IHRSA looks like the perfect party :-)
    Kate recently posted…More to lifeMy Profile

• says

The trade show really is one of a kind. And the anti-gravity yoga is amazing. I swear I felt taller after just a half hour class.

It’s kind of funny. All the IHRSA attendees look kind of out of place in Las Vegas. I doubt that most others were getting up to be at the morning workout that started at 6 am!
      Debbie recently posted…Back from IHRSA: The Teaser PostMy Profile

3. says

Glad you had fun. Fantastic photos. I look forward to your next post. Hope to see you at IHRSA 2014 in San Diego as well.

@PopplerMeredith from IHRSA

4. says

hello!,I love your writing very much! share we keep up a correspondence more approximately your post on AOL? I need a specialist on this house to resolve my problem. May be that is you! Looking forward to peer you.