Thursday Thoughts: Run Like a Dog

Thursday Thoughts

Running like a dog is a topic that I’ve written about before, but after my run with Penny this morning, it was on my mind. So, for my Thursday Thoughts vlog today, I share my feelings about running like a dog and introduce you to a few of my running partners.

Dogs truly embody the spirit of running. Pain, aging, fatigue, none of it makes a difference to them simply because their love of running is greater than all of that. So when I say, “I ran like a dog today,” I truly had the greatest running experience possible.

Do you run with your dog? After watching the video, don’t you want to?

I hope that you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day. I <3 you all!

photo Signature_zps65e035a8.png

Need a coach to help you reach your running goals?

LogoI am an RRCA certified running coach and I also hold a Level One USATF certification. I have more than 12 years experience coaching runners of all ages and levels. More information...

Comments

1. says

Well, by boxer doesn’t like to run that much but she LOVES to go for a walk. She nudges us to get out of bed in the morning and won’t settle down at night until her after-dinner walk.
    Coco recently posted…Why I Love RunningMy Profile

2. says

I have to laugh because I have tried taking Sasha for jogs {I’m talking 2 miles here} and by the end of our street, I am pulling her! lol
    Maureen recently posted…Migraines Suck!My Profile

3. says

I think it’s amazing she is still running at 12! I have a 14-yr. old whippet, and his running days are long behind him. I loved running with him when he could, though!
    misszippy recently posted…Welcome to your 40sMy Profile

4. says

Now that’s dedication! I don’t have a dog, but sometimes when my friend and I run together, she brings hers. She just trots along happy to be enjoying the run and the company.
    Tiff recently posted…Things I’m Lovin’My Profile

• says

Get a Dalmatian, they’re awesome. Of course my terrier mix loved to run too. And Buddy, whatever breed he is. Even our bloodhound (she passed away a few years ago), loved to go for a run.
      Debbie recently posted…Thursday Thoughts: Run Like a DogMy Profile

5. says

I started to train my lab to run last summer, but she wasn’t 1 yet so we had to cool it a bit. But now she’s 1.5 years old and I plan on running with her a LOT this summer! She’s the best running partner and gets so excited to head out when she sees me grab my running shoes.
    Erin (Running Tall) recently posted…Things I’m Loving Part 3My Profile

6. says

I love this mantra! Run like a dog! I’ll add this to my mental database when I feel tired! So true, they just love it!!!

Trackbacks